CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 11, 2010

My great grandma died this morning.
Why do people say passed away? It's such a silly phrase, "Passed away."
Like she left, and it's possible for her to return...
Died is much more finite.
It has more finality to it.
More weight.

And why is it that one can be extremely upset,
Shaken,
Wronged,
Saddened, for one person's death,
But not for another's?

Is it because she was old and therefore it was
expected?
Is it because I didn't really know her that well?
Is it because she didn't have much life ahead of her anyway,
Or because she was sick and her quality of life
Wasn't all that good?
Is it because I know that she's in a better place?
Maybe.

Then I think about all the good that she did.
Raising my grandmother and her siblings,
Encouraging her children to lead good lives,
Boiling it down to
Me.

Grandma,
Enjoy heaven. Say hi to Grandad for me.
Love you.

So here's to two great old folks in the afterlife.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my great grandfather earlier last year. [But that's a different story.]

Hope everything is ok!