CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Summer Reading List

Maybe it's a bit premature to be thinking about this, but I guess all the sunny weather has got me thinking about summer already. Too bad it's only February. I have so many things to look forward to! The concert right after my 21st birthday, training for an internship (cross your fingers for me that I get it!), AAS coming (REALLY cross your fingers for me on this one), and other stuff that I know not yet of. But come summer, AAS will be moving here, as some of you know, and if I get aforementioned internship, I will start in May. So, I have to have awesome books to read over what is sure to be an amazing summer. And here they are!

  1. Running With Scissors (Augusten Burroughs)
  2. Great Expectations (Charles Dickens)
  3. Nickolas Nickelby (Charles Dickens)
  4. The Count of Monte Cristo (Alexandre Dumas)
  5. The Big Over Easy (Jasper Fforde)
  6. The Fourth Bear (Jasper Fforde)
  7. White Oleander (Janet Fitch)
  8. Faust (Goethe)
  9. The Scarlet Letter (Nathaniel Hawthorne)
  10. Les Miserables (Victor Hugo)
  11. Ghost (Henrik Ibsen)
  12. An Enemy of the People (Henrik Ibsen)
  13. The World According to Garp (John Irving)
  14. The Almost Moon (Alice Sebold)
  15. Pygmalion (George Bernard Shaw)
  16. Five Quarters of Orange (Joanne Harris)
  17. Q & A (aka Slumdog Millionaire (PS: I am in love with this movie!) Vikas Swarup)
  18. Atonement (Ian McEwan)
  19. The Bible—I will be able to cross this off my bucket list if I get it done!
  20. Crime and Punishment (Dostoevsky)
  21. Ahab's Wife (Naslund)
  22. The Brother's Karamozov (Dostoevsky)
  23. Anna Karenina (Tolstoy)

I know this is an insanely long reading list (considering the length of most of these books, and the fact that my boyfriend will be living in the same state as me, so I will be able to see him whenever I want), and I know I am ambitious, but I really hope I can get it all done.

Now for books that I would recommend for a GREAT summer reading list:

  1. Catch 22 (Heller?)
  2. Feed (Anderson)
  3. Anything by Shakespeare
  4. Envy (Olesha)
  5. Anything by Jasper Fforde (the ones I've read are his Thursday Next series)
  6. Waiting for Godot (Beckett (and though it's spelled Godot, it's pronounced /godoe/)
  7. Cyrano de Bergerac (Rostand)

I'll probably think of more once I post this, but hey, posts can be revised, right?

0 comments: